11 January, 2014

Learning from the ants

I also write at a spiritual forum and Of late I was a bit troubled by a few things happening there like front page articles of money minded Gurus etc.


The more I kept on thinking about it the more faults came to my mind.


I always live in self-reflection and I thought to myself; why don’t I become like an ant.


The ant has one very good quality if a mixture of sugar and sand is placed before the ant it will eat only the sugar without bothering about the sand. So I decided to become the ant only absorbing what benefits my progress without bothering about the other things.


Another example is that of a ship, the ship cannot navigate without water but if the same water is allowed to enter the ship than it will result in a big problem and in extreme cases the ship itself would be lost.


Similarly comparing me to the ship and the water as the material world it is would be a disaster if I allow the material world to enter inside me.


What was a “means of living” will become a “means of destruction”.



Lyrics of the title song of Tv serial Mahabharata on star plus




“Hai katha sangram ki

Vishwa ke kalyaan ki

Dharma adharma aadi anant

Satya  asatya kalesh kalnak

Saarth ki katha parmartha ki

Shakti hain bhakti hai

Janmo ki mukti hai

Jeevan ka ye sampurn sar hai

Yug yug se kan kan me

Shristi ke darpan me

Vedo ki ghata aphar he

Karmo ki ghata he

Devo ki bhasha he

Sadiyo ke ithas ka praman hai

Krishana ki mahima hain

Geeta ki garima hain

Grantho ka granth ye mahan hain

Mahabharat mahabharat..”

No comments:

Post a Comment